Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Personal Essay"

     Disappointment is not something that you as a human being would want to be confronted by. Once confronted by it, you have to handle it. I have had a few times where I was very disappointed. This time I was disappointed in a group of people. It was a basketball team when I use to play at Darby and Rogers park. I was about ten or eleven years old at the time.
     It was our championship game. We had not lost a game all season. My team and the team we were playing in the championship game was invited to a tournament the week before our championship game. At this tournament, the other team was put out and lost the game before the championship game at the tournament. My team won the whole tournament and still undefeated.
     The night of the game was a saturday night at Darby park. The stands were filled ready for the championship game of the ten and eleven year old division. As the game starts off, I am one-handedly keeping my team in the game. We are down by two points at the end of the first quarter, 15-13. I had all thirteen points. The game was so bad at the end that the other teams parents were cheering for me to score. I was so disappointed in my team because I was pretty much the only person playing. We lost that game 72-42. I had 39 of the 42 points. Having 39 points overcame my disappointment because i had such a great game to end the season even though we did not win the championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment